Date: November 1, 2017
Part-Time, Year Round, Not Benefits Eligible.
Minimum 70 hours/month, some evenings and weekends, 2 days a week in the office (10am-4pm), the ability to do rest of work remotely.
Annual Salary: $12,000- $14,000
No benefits or insurance
All regular withholdings apply
The General Manager is a key partner in the development and implementation of WAM Theatre’s strategic plan. The General Manager manages operations and is accountable for the day-to-day function of administration, personnel management, volunteer coordination and finance. The General Manager reports to the Artistic Director and is in regular and frequent communication by email, phone, or in person.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage administrative matters that affect the day-to-day and strategic operation and activities of WAM Theatre.
- Work with Artistic Director to develop annual budget and provide regular financial reports to the Artistic Director.
- Work with Accountant to monitor annual operating budget/cash flow- accounts payable and receivable, payroll, taxes, cash flow analysis and cash receipts; ensure budgeting is reconciled in preparation for external audits and year- end tax filings.
- Oversee financial reporting for revenues (earned & contributed) & expenses.
- Oversee the execution of all professional contracts (theatre rentals, artistic and staff contracts, insurance contracts, union agreements)
- Work with Artistic Director to actively engage board members in strategic planning, development, budget monitoring and fundraising.
- Work with Board President and Artistic Director to schedule meetings, generate agendas, keep minutes and board documents organized.
- Schedule WAM Monthly Team meetings, oversee agenda and keeping of minutes
- Attend all Board meetings and attend volunteer committee meetings as applicable
- Arrange housing and transportation for incoming artists
- Supervise Interns and work with Artistic Director to seek Interns.
- Maintain the WAM Google Drive
- Assist in other areas of the organization as applicable.
- Ensure all information remains organized, up to date and all deadlines are met.
- Be the link between WAM Team and WAM Volunteers
- Attend scheduled meetings of committees as possible to stay current with potential need for volunteers
- Continue to develop an overview of the “role of the volunteer” – within the organization: what is asked, what is a perk and what isn’t, how they are recognized
- Ensure the WAM team is fully briefed on delegation cycle of WAM volunteers
- Ensure volunteers are aware of their vital role within WAM Theatre
- Recruit 1-2 WAM volunteers to serve as leader liasons between WAM and volunteers and to aid in these tasks.
- Maintain database of volunteers and track volunteer hours worked in Bloomerang
- Ensure proper orientation for all new volunteers, including an initial intake meeting
- Create a shared google doc folder for relevant Volunteer documents and oversee maintenance of these documents
- Recruit volunteers
- Clarify ways of rewarding
- General Duties
- Adhere to the WAM Theatre mission and values
- Abide by agreed upon WAM policies and procedures
- Meet all deadlines as assigned
- Be available for meetings (board, team and check ins) and events as appropriate
- Passionate about women’s issues, social justice and arts as activism
- 3-5 years of arts administration experience
- Demonsted knowledge of financial management, administrative skills, and supervisory skills
- Sound understanding of the operation of a non profit organization
- Experience preparing budgets and doing financial accounting
- Energetic and outgoing with the ability to stay calm under pressure
- A leader who can represent WAM at events.
- Must be motivated, highly organized, able to multi-task and detail oriented.
- Must possess excellent time management and communication skills (oral and written)
- A great sense of humour and a desire to work as valued part of a team.
- Comfort with Technology. Ease with computers and internet. Works easily with email. Familiarity or ability to learn quickly the following programs: Google Drive, Google Documents, Gmail.
- US Driver’s License and/or the ability to easily get to/from work obligations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience preferred
WAM Theatre is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive working space and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, and transgender status, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate GM Job Application in subject.
Deadline to apply:
November 30, 2017